Find a Person FAQ
- Where does AnyWho get the directory information?
All personal identifying information available on AnyWho is provided solely by Intelius, Inc. and is derived from Public Records, Publicly Available Information and Commercial Records. Public Records consist of information that is maintained by government agencies and is generally available, such as property title and lien documents, birth and death certificates, business records, and court records. Publicly Available Information consists of online and offline information that is generally available but is not maintained by a government agency, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers of individuals and businesses, professional licensing and trade organization information, press releases and newspaper articles. Commercial Records consist of records maintained by enterprises that are available for purchase, such as mailing and telemarketing lists, phone connect and disconnect information, and business profile data. All business listings are obtained from YELLOWPAGES.COM.
- How often is the database updated?
The listings are updated depending upon the source, from daily updates to quarterly updates.
- Can I add or update my listing?
Not directly through AnyWho. AnyWho uses directory information that comes from a third-party source and currently does not allow adding additional information.
- Is there a way to include my fax, email, website, etc., with my listing?
At this time AnyWho does not allow adding additional information to a residential White Pages listing.
- I have a non-published listing. Why does my information show up in AnyWho?
It's possible that your local telephone company has made an error and listed your information. Please check with your local telephone company and verify that your number has been provisioned as a non-published number. Another possibility is that you recently purchased a non-published number and your information will be removed from our database on the next scheduled update. A third possibility is that your information was obtained from other public sources including Public Records, Publicly Available Records or Commercial Filings.
- Why can't I find a person in AnyWho that I know has been at the same location for a year or more?
It's possible that they have a non-published listing, which AnyWho does not display.
- Can I remove my listing from AnyWho?
If you want to have your residential listing removed from AnyWho without obtaining a non-published telephone number, please follow the instructions provided in AnyWho Listing Removal and we will submit your listing for removal.
- How can I get better results when searching for a person?
Check out the tips below:
- Last Name
- Use the full last name.
- If the last name is common, be sure to include information in the First Name and/or City field.
- If the last name contains a space (e.g., La Rosa), try it without the space.
- If the last name is hyphenated (e.g., Covey-Jones), try using one of the names, without the hyphen.
- First Name
- Enter a partial first name or leave the first name blank to expand your search.
- Try more formal variations (e.g., James rather than Jim or Jimmy), or vice versa.
- Street Name
- Include the house number and thoroughfare type (e.g., Street, Road, Rd, Ave, etc).
- Try dropping the "direction" in the name (e.g., for West Hanover, drop "West").
- ZIP Code
- If you know the ZIP code, use it instead of a city name, as there is less chance for misspellings.